Over the next five days the Sleep Education Blog will count down the Top 25 Posts of 2009. These are the blog posts that received the highest number of unique pageviews this year:
25. Unable to Sleep, Unable to Work: Insomnia & Disability (March 25)
A study suggested that insomnia can increase the risk of long-term work disability – at least in Norway.
24. Virtual Reality: Video Games & Sleep Loss (June 12)
A study reported that excessive video-game playing can interfere with your sleep. Gaming addicts also reported feeling sleepier during the day.
23. Do All Animals Sleep? (July 20)
It’s often assumed that every animal sleeps in one way or another. But is this true?
22. Bedwetting & Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children (July 6)
A study found that 80 percent of children with a bedwetting problem had some degree of sleep apnea.
21. Violent Dreams: Who Has REM Sleep Behavior Disorder? (May 28)
RBD, which involves acting out action-packed dreams as you sleep, is most common among older men. But a new study confirmed that it can occur in other people as well.
Tomorrow we’ll take a look back at five more of the top blog posts from 2009.
Image by David Cohen